This Basic English Language course aims at helping students develop a positive, constructive and practical approach to effective written and oral communication for education and self-improvement. The purpose of the course is to build confidence among the students and encourage them to write and speak proper English. In the classroom, students will be provided with the resources needed to achieve English mastery. Students will learn the grammar and vocabulary required for success in their core subject areas.
This has been specially designed to help students, Job Seekers, and Professionals improve their English-speaking writing and reading skills to be better equipped to compete in the job market and their lives.
- Students will advance their usage and understanding of the English spelling and sound systems.
- Students will expand their English vocabulary.
- Students will explore grammatical structures in English through use.
- Students will be encouraged to speak in English.
- Students will read and write in English.
Four Language Skills:
- Listening skills will be practiced in class daily. We will use C.D.s, videos, and oral exercises to accomplish this task.
- Speaking plays an integral part in learning a second language. Students will be encouraged to use English to carry out all normal classroom functions. To accomplish this, students will participate in oral discussions, dialogs, speeches, and general conversations.
- Reading will begin on the very first day of class. Students will be exposed to a variety of different reading materials. Each of these materials will contain vocabulary and grammar structures needed for success in everyday speaking situations. The reading materials will increase in difficulty as students progress.
- Writing in English is encouraged from the very first day. Each writing assignment will be based on the reading material from class. Students will be encouraged to expand on their ideas.
Course Content: (May change as needed based on student needs)
Reading and Writing
- Write personal emails in English to your friends and family.
- Write formal letters to English-speaking companies, government departments, etc.
- Write job application/ prepare C.V.
- Reading and comprehension tools.
- Reading English short stories
- Writing activities through picture stories.
Grammar and Vocabulary
- Introduction to parts of speech. Using articles
- Using can, can’t to describe an ability, e.g., I can’t play guitar.
- Using comparative adjectives, e.g., museums are more interesting than parks.
- The difference between countable and uncountable nouns, e.g., some bread/a slice of bread.
- Using demonstrative adjectives, e.g., Are these your keys? Yes, they are!
- The going to the future, e.g., What are you going to do next week?
- Using imperatives, e.g., Water the plants every day.
- Uses of must and have to, e.g., Do I have to do my homework?
- The past simple of the verb to be, e.g., Were you at the party yesterday? No, I wasn’t.
- Using possessive adjectives, e.g., our favorite subject is grammar.
- Different question types, including yes/no questions, short answer questions, and wh-/how questions.
- Using the present continuous tense, e.g., Are you having dinner? No, we’re having lunch.
- Using the present simple with subject pronouns, e.g., I am, you are, she is…
- Building up English words of daily usage with correct pronunciation, e.g., heart& hurt
- Understanding the concept/application of tenses in English.
Speaking and Listening
Hot Topics: These are topics affecting our lives every day. We will read and discuss each case. These topics will encourage students to express their own opinions.
- Recognize and use internationally-used English language greetings and introductions.
- English speaking exercises.
- Listen to English language radio broadcasts/Audio stories in English
- Successfully communicate with English-speaking employers in a job interview.
- Effectively describing ‘Myself’ (introduction, interests, aims, daily routine)
- Telling others, e.g., my sister loves to stay at home
Professional/ advanced level
- Conversation practice
- Creative Stories
- Group Discussion
- Public speaking
- Classes Paragraph writing
Students will be expected to complete the majority of work during the class period. They will have homework occasionally.
The Best Spoken English course in Lahore
To choose the finest Spoken English course in Lahore, you must first understand what it means to study the global language.
There is plenty of English language course in Lahore that claim to show the results. The question is, how many of them are delivering? To get the best results, it’s vital to figure out what a student wants and needs. Spreading awareness of the need to speak correctly is highly critical. It will help a student to show their desire to achieve success in life.
Learning a global language is essential for anybody hoping to enhance their personal or professional improvements.
Why is it vital for you to be able to speak globally?
Language is our primary way of conveying our thoughts and ideas to other people.
If two people belong to different backgrounds and want to interact, they must choose a language they both understand. There are hundreds of languages spoken across the world. But no one can master them all.
Confidence grows when you can speak clearly. It also strengthens your overall self. As a result, it’s critical to project confidence when interacting in English. As it is not our first language, we must put in extra effort to speak well.
It is where studying language becomes a “must.” It has become the worldwide language of education and business, as well as science and technology.
Taking the English language course in Lahore would be very convenient; students can take online or offline classes.
Here are four compelling reasons to take the training:
Anglophone countries like the United States and the United Kingdom use English as their primary language for business and diplomacy. Communicating well enhances your chances of landing a high-paying job with a global corporation, whether the firm is based in your country or not. For all these reasons, knowing the required language is critical in today’s world. It’s also the language used for worldwide business and in the media, and on the Internet.
The Global Speaking Language
Although it is not the world’s most widely spoken language, it is the official language in 53 nations. It is understood by over 400 million people worldwide. More than 1 billion people across the world use it as a second language. As a result, being able to interact with those who speak is essential. If you wish to communicate with someone in a different nation, chances are you’ll need to use this language.
The ability to speak with people from all over the world is one of the essential benefits of learning the language. Learn it from a native speaker when you work with Johnny. You’ll improve your pronounce, grammar, fluency, and overall confidence.
Millions of non-English speaking visitors and immigrants need to learn English to go around a nation. They need to ask for help, converse, and actively participate in the community they are visiting.
Business English is the most widely used language for doing business. It knows it’s practically a need for anybody hoping to work in a worldwide company. According to studies performed across the world, it is the most used business language for cross-border. Most multinational firms require their workers to be fluent in the language.
It’s impossible to overstate the value of being able to communicate in English in the global business.
Access to a Diverse and Exciting Universe
In addition to cinema, music, and literature, English-language publications and productions contribute seriously to the global cultural landscape. As a result, primary language opens up a whole new world of pleasure for personal growth.
If you’re fluent, you can enjoy your favorite books, music, movies, and T.V. episodes. You don’t need to rely on translations or subtitles. Watching English-language content is also an excellent method to learn the language.
Greater openness to the Internet’s resources.
The Internet is written and spoken in English. About 59 percent of the world’s population, or 4.57 billion people, were active internet users in April 2020. A whopping 56% of all web material is written in English, according to recent estimates. However, It is only spoken by around 20% of the global population. Just 5% of the worldwide population speaks it as a native language.
Over half of the Internet’s material can only be accessed if you speak fluently. Reading opens up a world of knowledge to you that you would not have otherwise had access to!
Today’s Importance of Learning Global Language.
It may be difficult and time-demanding. It can also be enjoyable and rewarding if you have the proper instructor.
As you can see, communicating well in the global language is highly valued in today’s world. It opens up a wide range of career and personal development options.
The ability to communicate in a global language opens up a world of options for people from all walks of life.
There are several reasons why learning English is critical in today’s world. Being practical may provide you with a great deal of joy. You’ll feel fantastic when you discover that you’re making progress, even if it’s slow. You will feel a feeling of achievement.
Accept the challenge of learning it and begin interacting with people from all over the world.
Join Ilmi City School if you want to study at one of Pakistan’s most prestigious institutions. It has the best spoken English course in Lahore. It will provide you the customized learning based on your requirements.
Taking this course will help you become more fluent. For this reason, many students not only from Lahore but outside Lahore enroll in online English Lessons.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English,Urdu
- Students 5
- Assessments Yes