Learn Modern English Lessons Online Course In Lahore Pakistan
This Basic English Language course aims at helping students develop a positive, constructive and practical approach to effective written and oral communication for education and self-improvement. The purpose of the course is to build confidence among the students and encourage them to write and speak proper English. In the classroom, students will be provided with the resources needed to achieve English mastery. Students will learn the grammar and vocabulary needed for success in their core subject areas.
This has been specially designed to help students, Job Seekers and Professionals to improve their English-speaking writing and reading skills to be better equipped to compete in the job market as well as their life.
- Students will advance their usage and understanding of the English spelling and sound systems.
- Students will expand their English vocabulary.
- Students will explore grammatical structures in English through usage.
- Students will be encouraged to speak in English.
- Students will read and write in English.
Four Language Skills:
- Listening skills will be practiced in class on a daily basis. We will use CDs, videos and oral exercises to accomplish this task.
- Speaking plays an integral part in learning a second language. Students will be encouraged to use English to carry out all normal classroom functions. To accomplish this, students will participate in oral discussions, dialogs, speeches, and general conversation.
- Reading will begin on the very first day of class. Students will be exposed to a variety of different reading materials. Each of these materials will contain vocabulary and grammar structures that are needed for success in everyday speaking situations. The reading materials will increase in difficulty as students are progressing.
- Writing in English is encouraged from the very first day. Each writing assignment will be based on the reading material from class. Students will be encouraged to expand on their ideas.
Course Content: (May change as needed based on student needs)
Reading and Writing
- Write personal emails in English to your friends and family.
- Write formal letters to English-speaking companies, government departments, etc.
- Write job application/ prepare C.V.
- Reading and comprehension tools.
- Reading English short stories
- Writing activities through picture stories.
Grammar and Vocabulary
- Introduction to parts of speech. Using articles
- Using can, can’t to describe an ability, e.g. I can’t play guitar.
- Using comparative adjectives, e.g. museums are more interesting than parks.
- The difference between countable and uncountable nouns, e.g. some bread/a slice of bread.
- Using demonstrative adjectives, e.g. Are these your keys? Yes, they are!
- The going to the future, e.g. What are you going to do next week?
- Using imperatives, e.g. Water the plants every day.
- Uses of must and have to, e.g. Do I have to do my homework?
- The past simple of the verb to be, e.g. Were you at the party yesterday? No, I wasn’t.
- Using possessive adjectives, e.g. our favorite subject is grammar.
- Different question types, including yes/no questions, short answer questions and wh-/how questions.
- Using the present continuous tense, e.g Are you having dinner? No, we’re having lunch.
- Using the present simple with subject pronouns, e.g. I am, you are, she is…
- Building up English words of daily usage with correct pronunciation, e.g. heart& hurt
- Understanding the concept/application of tenses in English.
Speaking and Listening
Hot Topics – These are topics affecting our lives each and every day. We will read and discuss each topic. These topics will encourage students to express their own opinions.
- Recognize and use internationally-used English language greetings and introductions.
- English speaking exercises.
- Listen to English language radio broadcasts/Audio stories in English
- Successfully communicate with English-speaking employers in a job interview.
- Effectively describing ‘Myself’ (introduction, interests, aims, daily routine)
- Describing others, e.g., my sister loves to stay at home
Professional/ advanced level
- Conversation practice
- Creative Stories
- Group Discussion
- Public speaking
- Classes Paragraph writing
Students will be expected to complete the majority of work during the class period. They will have homework occasionally
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Months
- Skill level Advance
- Language English,Urdu
- Students 5
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes